Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Plus and Deltas

One thing that I learned about myself is i know how to code switch. Before Year Up, I didn’t really know what that meant, but it means to separate the “outside you” to be professional in the work place. I didn’t really surprise myself by doing this. It was just something I naturally picked up as a skill.
There were many ways I was proud of myself. The main one is working hard on assignments. I wasnt always the homework person, but in Year Up I have completed all assignments and turned them in on time. I was especially proud of that. Another thing I was proud of was timing. I use to be late all the time. Although I was late a few times, I have been pretty good on making it to Year Up and to class. One last thing I would say I am very proud of is being organized. When it comes to assignments and papers, I usually had everything all over the place which made it difficult to relocate what I needed for class. So far, I’ve had everything together and I have been able to find all assignments.
Certain things I weren’t so proud of were infractions, getting discouraged, and swearing. Infractions affected me the most because they were mostly for timing. It is something I am not proud of for the reason I started to earn them consistently and not changing what I could have done to improve them. I also wasn’t proud of getting discouraged. When something happens that goes against my goal and what I am trying to maintain, I often get ready to give up. Everyone at Year Up and the staff is here to help so I know I shouldn’t feel that way. Lastly, I am definitely not proud of swearing in the work place. Even as a young lady it is not something I should do, but it is something I am so used to. At the work place I should leave it at the door so I can maintain professionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment